The former base of the Styrian Sparkasse and what was known as the ‘resource hall’ was rebuilt according to the plans drafted by architect Mathias Seidl.
1885, 4th November
Opening ceremony of Stefaniensaal with a grand concert attended by Crown Prince Rudolf and Princess Stephanie, after whom the hall was named.
1905 – 1908
Expansion of Stefaniensaal and building of the chamber music hall, vestibules and a spacious, naturally lit staircase with a large glass dome, designed by chief architect Leopold Theyer. The interior decoration was provided by noted artists of the age such as the Viennese sculptor Johannes Benk (1844-1914).
1977 - 1980
Reconceptualisation as a congress centre by "Werkgruppe Graz". A roof is built over a courtyard in the northern corner and the "Styrian hall" was constructed. Restoration of the chamber music hall and the "Blue Saloon".
Comprehensive restructing work under the architectural supervision of Hermann Eisenköck in close cooperation with the head of Congress Graz at the time, Dr. Nikolaus Breisach.
Nav - int(467)
- Navman - bool(false)